What is the PE and sport premium?
Most schools with primary-age pupils receive the PE and sport premium in the academic year 2018 to 2019, including:
- schools maintained by the local authority
- academies and free schools
- special schools (for children with special educational needs or disabilities)
- non-maintained special schools (schools for children with special educational needs that the Secretary of State for Education has approved under section 342 of the Education Act 1996)
- city technology colleges (CTCs)
- pupil referral units (PRUs provide education for children who cannot go to a mainstream school)
- general hospitals
Funding for the PE and sport premium
- Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
- In cases where schools do not follow year groups (for example, in some special schools), pupils aged 5 to 10 attract the funding.