What is the PE and sport premium?
Most schools with primary-age pupils receive the PE and sport premium in the academic year 2023 to 2024, including:
- schools maintained by the local authority
- academies and free schools
- special schools (for children with special educational needs or disabilities)
- non-maintained special schools (schools for children with special educational needs that the Secretary of State for Education has approved under section 342 of the Education Act 1996)
- city technology colleges (CTCs)
- pupil referral units (PRUs provide education for children who cannot go to a mainstream school)
- general hospitals
Funding for the PE and sport premium
- Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
- In cases where schools do not follow year groups (for example, in some special schools), pupils aged 5 to 10 attract the funding.
Please visit the web page below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding. Also, please read our Premium Overview from last academic year.
UK Government website
PE and sport premium for primary schools.